Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Sending me off - quotes from friends and supporters

As quoted in the Austin Chronicle "Postscripts" section (spring 1999):
"And now it's time to say goodbye to one of Austin's premier slam (or otherwise) poets, Tammy Gomez, who needs to 'try some other terrain': Nepal, where she's going for about three or four months, should do the trick."


From farewell letter written by Irma Andrade:

"Spontaneity. You proved it can make a difference. Even if it's for a small portion of your life. It's starting to show. I can tell you how I see the difference in you, but I'd rather keep it to myself. I'll let my eyes do the telling. It's good to hear you rekindle a relationship with freedom. I believe it's this freedom within yourself that allows you to love and care for yourself. So, I know you'll be okay. --What am I gonna do when you're gone? Miss you with all my heart, that I know."


Handwritten card given to me by my then 5-year old niece:

Dear Tammy: I wonder what the mountain look like? I think it is white. I wish I can go with you but I have plenty of stuff to do. I am going to miss you. Love, Breanna

No comments: